Terms & Conditions
These are the general terms and conditions of ‘The Pepper Trail’ – a trade name of Dream Hospitality International registered under chamber of commerce number 54410452, established in Zoetermeer, VAT number NL 851294315B01. These terms and conditions apply to all platforms.
It is important to read these terms and conditions carefully. The Pepper Trail strives for a pleasant and a safe environment for the users. For this reason, we have drawn up a number of rules. The terms and conditions describe the use of The Pepper Trail and ensure that it takes place in a safe and responsible manner. The Pepper Trail also offers the possibility to directly intervene in case of abuse.
1. Services of The Pepper Trail
- The Pepper Trail app and website is a media tool that makes communication easy and safe. Through this tool, the customer can order products, have them delivered or reserve a table in the restaurant The Pepper Trail. Through the app, the customer also saves loyalty points for additional offers or discounts, the actions. These loyalty points if unused till 31st of December 2019 will lapse automatically and cannot be redeemed. If customers have given permission to receive the newsletter, the customer data will be included in a database.
- The Pepper Trail is not liable for the acts or omissions of its users. This also includes the files, data and/or materials that are made available over the app.
- The Pepper Trail aims for a platform that is safe and reliable but is in no way liable for direct or indirect damage caused by malfunctions, misuse by users or errors of employees or the system.
Prices / Payment
- Prices in the menu are inclusive of taxes.
- Order once made and paid will be final and any change in order or return in terms of cash or kind is not acceptable. The Pepper Trail verdict will be final in case of discretion if any.
- All mentioned prices on the website and app are subject to interim changes and typing errors.
- If there is a wrong price on our website, app, folder or other means of communication, we are not obliged to sell the products to you at the wrong price.
- If you have applied for and used the e-payment facility, you further acknowledge and agree that The Pepper Trail shall have the right to use the collected information to facilitate the administration, processing, and operation of your use of the services and disclose the collected information to the relevant third party financial services institution/channel through which your payment has been made.
- The Pepper Trail is committed to ensure your satisfaction with any order you have placed to us. However any order once placed and paid cannot be replaced or refunded.
To use The Pepper Trail app, download it from the store and create a new profile.
- It is important and mandatory that all profile details are filled in truthfully with complete details. The Pepper Trail reserves the right to refuse or remove profiles at any time if they infringe on the rights of third parties, outside the target group described below from The Pepper Trail or if a profile or user does not comply with the general terms and conditions for the use of The Pepper Trail.
- The Pepper Trail app has been developed for communication in regards to place an order or make a reservation table. When The Pepper Trail is used for purposes other than communication from The Pepper Trail to those involved, The Pepper Trail has the right to delete created profiles without giving any reason.
- The Pepper Trail saves the specified profile data and uses it only for the management of your account. The Pepper Trail never provides this information to third parties, but only when we use services from other parties who perform work under our responsibility (for example, a delivery service to deliver your order).
- It is important to be careful and thoughtfully with the personal password of your account at all times. Never give your account details to third parties. You are personally responsible and liable for everything that is placed via your personal profile and any associated damage that this causes.
- An administrator of a created profile can delete and cancel his personal profile at any time.
The Pepper Trail app is free
To use The Pepper Trail app, download it from the store and create a new profile.
- The use of The Pepper Trail app is free. This is a deliberate choice because we want that The Pepper Trail app is accessible to everyone. Managing a portal like The Pepper Trail logically also brings costs with it. For this reason, it can happen at any time that The Pepper Trail offers space to advertisers on the platform of The Pepper Trail. The Pepper Trail does have the right to request for a payment for certain parts of The Pepper Trail in the future. The Pepper Trail will always inform you in advance if certain parts have to be paid in the future.
2. Important rules
When using The Pepper Trail platforms/app, consider the following rules that apply to the use of The Pepper Trail.
- Placed content may never be in conflict with copyright, third-party rights, The Pepper Trail’s rights or any other legal regulations.
- Placed content may only be placed if it is true and not misleading.
- Placed content must not contain viruses or software, intentional or not, which will damage or adapt data or makes data unusable or which circumvents the technical protection measures of the platform and / or the system of The Pepper Trail and / or destabilizes the system in the broadest sense of the word.
- Placed content may not have a commercial character unless written permission has been issued by The Pepper Trail.
- Placed content may not be discriminatory in nature.
- Placed content may not be in conflict with good morals or taste, according to the assessment of The Pepper Trail.
- Users are 18 years or older or have permission from the parents or guardian.
3. Privacy and personal data
- The Privacy Statement contains important information about the personal details that The Pepper Trail processes, in which way and why in accordance with the European Privacy Act as laid down in the General Data Protection Regulation (AVG).
- In the event of a conflict between the provisions of the Privacy Statement and the general terms and conditions, the provisions of the Privacy Statement will prevail over the general terms and conditions.
- If you are, in The Pepper Trail opinion, not acting in good faith, abusing the Transaction Services, or otherwise in breach of this Agreement, The Pepper Trail shall have the right to cancel the relevant Online Transaction(s). The Pepper Trail also reserves the right to impose any penalty or to temporarily or permanently suspend or terminate your use of the Transaction Services on The Pepper Trail mobile application.
5. No Warranty
- YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE TRANSACTION SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW THE TRANSACTION SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON THE “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS” BASES, AND THE PEPPER TRAIL MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT THE TRANSACTION SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY OR ERROR FREE. YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL CONSEQUENCES RESULTING FROM YOUR OWN JUDGEMENT AND DECISION TO USE.
6. Exclusion and Limitation of Liabilities
- TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE PEPPER TRAIL SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES FOR ISSUES ARISING FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE TRANSACTION SERVICES. THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE PEPPER TRAIL ARISING FROM THE TRANSACTION SERVICES IN CONNECTION WITH ANY ONLINE TRANSACTION SHALL NOT EXCEED THE HIGHER OF THE SERVICE FEES CHARGED BY THE PEPPER TRAIL OR 100 EUROS, WHICHEVER IS LESS.
7. Force Majeure
- Under no circumstances shall The Pepper Trail be held liable for any delay or failure or disruption of your order resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces or causes beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation, acts of God, Internet failures, computer, telecommunications or any other equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labour disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortages of labour or materials, terrorism, war, governmental actions, orders of courts or tribunals.
8. Changes to the General Terms and Conditions
- The Pepper Trail has the right to change the content of these Terms and Conditions or the Privacy Statement at any time.
- If you do not agree with the changes to the Terms and Conditions or the Privacy Statement, you can terminate the agreement with The Pepper Trail by sending a email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the request to delete your account. If you did not submit a request to have your account removed you agree to the changes, and the new General Terms and Conditions, or the Privacy Statement applies.
9. Other provisions
- If one of the provisions of the General Terms and Conditions proves to be invalid or voidable, it will not affect the validity of the other provisions of the General Terms and Conditions.
- The Pepper Trail has the right to transfer the agreement that we have concluded with you to a third party. In that case, The Pepper Trail will inform you about this.
- The Pepper Trail always has the right to discontinue the platform (the website and/or the app). Before The Pepper Trail will proceed to stop the platform, we will try to inform you in good time. The Pepper Trail is not liable for any damage that occurs to you because we decide to stop the platform at any time.
- Dutch law applies to the agreement that you conclude with The Pepper Trail, the General Terms and Conditions and all disputes that arise in connection with the use of the website/app. All disputes arising between you and The Pepper Trail must be submitted to the competent court in The Hague.
These general conditions were last updated on May 31, 2018.